- Anyone having a Master’s Degree (or above) in Hydrology or Meteorology or Water Resources
- Anyone having a Master’s Degree in the disciplines closely related to Hydrology and Meteorology (e.g., Physical Sciences, Geography, Geology etc as approved by General Assembly) and having at least 3 years work experience in the field of Hydrology or Meteorology
- Anyone having a Bachelor’s Degree in Hydrology or Meteorology or Water Resources and having at least 3 years work experience in the field of Hydrology and Meteorology.
- Anyone having Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and having work experience at least 3 years in the field of Hydrology or Meteorology
- Anyone having work experience at least 5 years in the field of Hydrology or Meteorology as a officer level in Nepal Government service or University
The Membership Type are as follows:
1. General Member
Anyone having met the criteria as defined can be a General Member of the society upon payment of the General membership fee. General Membership is valid for one year and it has to be renewed every year.
2. Life Member
Anyone having at least one year general membership or three year associate membership can be a Life Member of the society upon payment of the Life membership fee.
The society may grant honorary membership to national or international personalities with outstanding achievement or dedication to the development of hydrology and meteorology.
4. Institutional Member
The society may grant Institution member to any national and international non governmental organization in order to enhance contacts and work areas. But, Institutional Members are not eligible for voting, candidacy or propose a candidate for the election.
5. Associate Member
Anyone having Bachelor’s Degree in Hydrology and Meteorology but not eligible for general membership may get associate membership. Associate Members are not eligible for voting, candidacy or propose a candidate for the election.
The Executive Committee decides the membership fees as and when necessary. Existing membership fee structure is as below:
|SAARC (US$ or equiv. NPR)
|Non-SAARC (US$ or equiv. NPR)
How to apply
Following documents are required to apply for SOHAM-Nepal membership.
- Application form (with attached photo)
- Copy of Nepali citizenship ( or Foreign citizenship for foreigner)
- Copy of latest academic degree
- Copy of document showing work experience as defined in the membership criteria or CV
You can apply SOHAM membership via email or drop your application form along with required documents at SOHAM Office during Office hour.
Fee payment procedure
You will be notified after screening your application. Once you are eligible for membership, you can either pay membership fee directly at SOHAM office or through bank deposit. Please send a copy of deposit slip to SOHAM-Nepal by email. You will get the membership number after submitting the deposit slip.